Sunday 26 February 2012

Fatness in white and black women

First I would like to direct you to this video, I have to admit I have also noticed that there does seem to be an increased tendency of obesity in black women, and I found this study on pubmed recently which helps shed some light on why that may be the case.....

Racial difference in Acylation Stimulating Protein (ASP) correlates to triglyceride in non-obese and obese African American and Caucasian women.

We know that obesity is highly dependent on how sensitive your fat tissue is to insulin, and now it seems that ASP sensitivity may also play a major role,

My first guess is that your genetics will play a big part in how sensitive your fat tissue is to insulin and ASP, and therefore this will have a strong influence on your body fatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment