Thursday 26 August 2010

Post Workout Feeding - Overhyped?

Another workout today, although I didnt do it fasted (had a protein shake earlier in morning because I had already fasted 16 hours ), I did not consume any BCAA or any type of food/calories until 2 hours after.

This just works so much better for me, I dont feel hungry upon just finishing exercising, and consuming post workout nutrition just made me stiff, bloated, and clunky.

Waiting 2-3 hours makes all the difference, I feel more supple then, and notice I get full faster from the food. Like I said before, all the research "suggests" that immediate post workout is most optimal, but there is something that just feels so wrong and unnatural about it.

I will continue delaying my post workout nutrition for 2-3 hours for a few weeks and see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment